Jul 3, 2013

Summer Share Recipe // Popsicles // Seinberg Holistic Health Coaching


With every seasonal CSH Share we put out we include recipes for the season. For the past year we have had the great pleasure to work with our good friend Sara Seinberg. She is the head coach over at Seinberg Holistic Health Coaching and we're a huge fan-- especially of her coaching style and her Seasonal Cleanses. Here is the first of the two recipes she gave us to pass on to you for SUMMER, popsicles!




When I was a kid, you could find me by a pond covered in mud, scraped up legs standing stock still as I stalked fat bullfrogs. I loved the feel of the slimy big things in my hands breathing. They didn't like it, but I was a kid and my curiosity had little to do with compassion. I couldn't believe such a foghorn sound could come from the green beasts. I'd stick my blue tongue out at them and laugh. I wanted them to love me and stay with me but I knew they just wanted to be back in the water. I'd let one go and look for my next one. 

Oh wait: my blue tongue. Yes, you caught that. Because other then being a fearless and deft bullfrog oppressor, I was also a lover of the blue raspberry Otter Pop. I'd feel a thrill roll through me when my mom brought them home, nuclear and wrong in their plastic tubes. Something about the way the pops felt in the summer heat still thrills me. Popsicles, a summer heaven. 

My tongue has ceased in its blue, but my love of a cold summer dessert has not. These recipes not only scratch the itch of my summer tomboy, they also offer electrolytes for active summer fun, fresh fruits and vegetables for nutrients, and, not to brag, some serious gourmet tastes.



Favorite Summer Popsicles

The Summer Kick
3/4 c of seeded watermelon hunks 
8oz. container of coconut water. (I like the raw by Harmless Harvest, but use your favorite. If it has added sweetener, probably a new favorite is in order.)
knuckle of ginger 
1/2 a cucumber
1/4 cayenne
dash of sea salt

The Pluot Paradise
2 beautiful ripe pluots
about a 1/2c of fresh basil
8oz coconut water
1T balsamic vinegar

Take these ingredients and toss them in the blender. Whirl them around and then freeze your pops. You can get molds or use an ice tray. 

No comments:

Post a Comment