May 19, 2013

Orcas Island

I took a quick trip up to Orcas island last week- almost didn't come back! I got to spend some lovely time with my best friend who is pregnant (so excited for her!) and have nice leisurely family meals, something I don't do enough in Portland. I used to live on Orcas and have been visiting there since I was a kid, so it feels like coming home in a way. Falling asleep in the greenhouse to loud tree frogs and bright stars was magic. Hiking up in the tree farm and seeing the new growth on the fir trees and the blue camas and wild strawberries blooming made me really happy. 


                       so happy to wake up here


                        found a patch of morels while hiking up in the tree farm


                        harvested some of these tender fir tips


No comments:

Post a Comment